Chance2Learn Learning Support Service
Chance2learn is a specialist advisory service which provides assessment, support, advice and recommendation of resources for children and young people with specific learning difficulties (SpLD).
My aim is to :
- support and advice to schools, parents, pupils and other agencies relating to SpLD
- training and support for mainstream colleagues in adapting teaching and learning to facilitate the most effective interventions
- specialist assessments for vulnerable pupils, including students with special educational needs with the aim of identifying their strengths and areas for learning development, including, as appropriate:
- diagnostic and norm-referenced assessments
- written reports with recommendations, strategies, and resources
- advice about target setting, in consultation with school staff
- supporting group /individual skills tuition in literacy and numeracy for pupils at risk of underachieving
- assistance with monitoring the impact of learning interventions.
- support for early intervention, prevention and inclusive practice.
- promoting inclusivity and dyslexia-friendly classrooms
- support and guidance for SENCos
- delivery of CPD
- development of pupil and parent friendly information
Additional Support for schools, pupils and parents
- Support and advice for class staff working with pupils identified as making below expected progress
- Assessment and identification for pupils with additional needs
- Target setting for and evaluation of Group and Individual Education Plans.
- Targeted support for teaching assistants (TAs) and other staff involved in delivering intervention strategies
- Support, advice and liaison with schools’ SENCos.
- Liaison with parents, pupils and other agencies
- Advice of differentiated materials.
- Contributions to report writing and attendance at reviews.
- Contributions to SEN workshops, parental workshops and in-service training for staff.
- Contributions to professional development and mentoring of teaching assistants (SEN).
- Provision and information and training for schools and parents with regard to Specific Learning Difficulties and Dyslexia Friendly Classrooms.